Vacancy – Volunteer Coordinator
|Details of the Job|
|Job Title:||Volunteer Coordinator – Maternity Cover|
|Salary:||£15743 per annum|
|Hours:||25 hours/week – Monday to Friday|
|Location:||Northampton, Wellingborough & Corby|
Bridge is a peer support programme which links volunteers who have recovered from alcohol and/or drug misuse with members with serious substance misuse problems. Bridge also provides a range of activities, events and support. There are recovery workers who work with members to sustain their recovery and staff who specialise in advice and guidance on benefits, housing and employment.
We currently have a vacancy for a Volunteer Coordinator (Maternity Leave), to work closely with our amazing volunteers across our three offices in Northamptonshire. This interesting role is wide and varied, and experience of working with and overseeing volunteers is essential. A full driving license is also required as travel between our 3 sites will be necessary.
If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please send us your CV and covering letter today.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment of volunteers across all 3 offices;
- Training volunteers to ensure that they have the skills necessary to support our members and Recovery Workers;
- Support and monitor volunteers to ensure they are working safely and effectively in the support of our members;
- Assess volunteers skills in order to ensure that they are placed with appropriate members;
- Develop and maintain links with local agencies and University settings to promote the programme and recruit volunteers from a wide range of settings.
- Experience of working with and/or overseeing volunteers;
- Full driving license;
- Experience of collaborating with other service providers;
- Knowledge of Safeguarding and Data Protection legislation;
- Excellent communication skills.
Please apply with your CV and a covering statement showing how you meet the key requirements by 5pm on 19th September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Indeed website by clicking here.
Interviews will be w/c 4th October 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer