Volunteer Café Assistant
The role of the Volunteer Café Assistant is to provide assistance to the Catering Staff.
As part of their role, Volunteer Café Assistant may be required to:
- Take customer orders and serve refreshments/food
- Tidy and clean tables, replenish counters with crockery, napkins etc.
- Become familiar with menus to assist customers in their choice
- Help to maintain high standard of presentation within the café
- Ensure food safety and food hygiene at all times
- Handle cash
- Support the catering team in the smooth running of the Bridge café
- Ensure visitors enjoy their visit
- Help to maintain cleanliness through the opening and closing procedure, washing up etc
- Prepare food such as hot meals, sandwiches etc
- Undertake any other task/ duties as may be reasonably required, within the volunteer’s capabilities
What skills or experience are required?
- Good Communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able and willing to work as part of a team and also be able to work independently
- Friendly and approachable
Due to the nature of our work, volunteers will be required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement – no information relating to any members may be disclosed to third parties without the consent of both the Member and Bridge SMP.
The role will be fully supervised and training will be given.
Support and supervisor
Kathy – Volunteer Coordinator
To apply online, please click here.