|Details of the Job|
|Job Title:||KITCHEN COORDINATOR|
|Salary:||£10.90 Per Hour|
|Hours:||30 Per week, Monday to Friday|
|Reports to||Assistant Director|
Bridge is a peer support programme which links volunteers who may have recovered from alcohol and/or drug misuse with members who have, or who are recovering from serious substance misuse problems. Bridge also provides a range of activities, events and support and our outstanding teams include recovery workers who support our members to sustain their recovery, as well as staff who specialise in advice and guidance on benefits, housing and employment. All employees benefit from “traditional” office hours, company pension, private health insurance and a health cash plan, as well as the unwavering support of a management team who recognise and truly appreciate the difference they make to our members. We currently have a vacancy for a Kitchen Coordinator. In this interesting and varied role, you will be responsible for managing the kitchen and café offering at our Northampton site, as well as supporting our other offices with catering for occasional off-site activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● To manage the kitchen in Bridge Northampton in order to supply balanced meals to our members.
● Maintain systems and records ready for inspection by the authorities at any time.
● Manage stock and food rotation in order to ensure all food is prepared and served within the remits of Best Before dates whilst avoiding unnecessary food waste.
● To design a weekly menu for Northampton members.
● To shop for scheduled menus and maintain a reasonable stock of grocery items to meet the needs of our members.
● To prepare buffets for all Bridge sites as and when special events take place.
● To collect surplus stocks from local supermarkets and make it available to our members.
● Carry out monthly stock check.
● Understand the importance of sharing knowledge and information.
● To keep up to date with food law and legislation and ensure Bridge systems are compliant.
● Minimum Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene qualification.
● A passion for cooking
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Knowledge of current legislation on food allergens
● Extensive knowledge of safe food handling procedures
● Self-motivated, with a “can do” attitude.
● Ability to work under pressure.
If you feel you have the skills and experience that we are looking for and want to be part of an incredible team achieving amazing results, please send us your CV and covering letter today.
The deadline for applications is Friday 14th July, 2023, but we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship. If you are an overseas applicant, you are required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK with your application. Failure to do so will result in your application being withheld from the shortlisting process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer, including candidates seeking support through the Government’s Access to Work grant scheme, and the recruitment of ex-offenders. A copy of our Recruitment and Selection Policy is available on request.